Re: [opensuse-factory] Draft Milestone 7 Release
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:24:15 -0500
On 05/26/2010 05:59 AM, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:00:06PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
* Nouveau driver for Nvidia graphic cards is integrated

Sort of. Bug #595570 is still open.

* The x86_64 NET Install CD had a garbled screen for an NVidia GeForce Go
7150M graphics adapter. The workaround is to add “brokenmodules=nouveau” to
the Boot Options line.

That one I do not understand. AFAIK we don't have any KMS capable DRM driver
in initrd of installation CD. And for installation we still use the fbdev X
driver. Hence this doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know why it happens, but I had the problem and posted that
comment to the most annoying bug line. I tried every option under F3
with no success. Even the text install was broken until I listed nouveau
as broken.

Larry