Re: [opensuse-factory] Thinkpad X60 and iwl3945-ucode
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:29:45 +0200
Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

The iwl3945 ucode seems to be in the 'kernel-firmware' package as it should
be
on my M7.

I installed the Gnome desktop (and later the KDE4 pattern), but
kernel-firmware were not installed by default.

If your suggested workflow were indeed to be required to get one of the most
widely used chipset working, then we might as well shut down. At least it
would set a new benchmark for epic fail.

Later on, NetworkManager displayed "device not ready" and nothing more.

Then, I switch to the traditional networking method and tried to
configure the wireless hardware. YaST tried to download iwl3945-ucode,
but failed. Maybe, kernel-firmware does not provide iwl3945-ucode
properly.

[I like e-toys, but I'm a hardware hater (and ignorant) nevertheless.]

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation