[opensuse-factory] Thinkpad X60 and iwl3945-ucode
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:59:55 +0200
I learned the hard way that we no longer support the wireless hardware
coming with Thinkpad X60.

Yast happily still reports that iwl3945-ucode is required if you want to
configure the chip. Unfortunately, it does not tell the user where he
can find the driver software :-(

I guess we must promote

Build Service > Projects > driver:wireless > iwl3945-ucode

more prominently (assuming that that's the location from where the user
is considered to download those drivers). Is this the right way?

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation