Re: [opensuse-factory] WebM Support?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:51:14 +0200
Le mardi 25 mai 2010, à 21:40 +0200, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
What's exactly needed?
- Chromium and Firefox? I don't really know, but I expect them to use
xine/gstreamer/whatever for the multimedia support. So, nothing to do?

I'm afraid that firefox uses the libraries directly, and not a
framework.

- ffmpeg? We don't provide it, Packman does. And Packman updates it
continously... it will be available when it's ready, independently of
openSUSE releases.
- GStreamer? If the legal team decides we can't provide a VP8 decoder
we are again in the same situation than with ffmpeg. Otherwise I don't
expect a VP8 GStreamer plugin to require the *latest* version of
GStreamer, so we can always provide it after the release if we really
want. Otherwise it will be available in an OBS repository anyway...

The gstreamer plugin is part of gstreamer-plugins-$something, so we'll
need a new version of this, or we'll have to hack something ourselves
(which is not fun).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.