Re: [opensuse-factory] WebM Support?
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:29:23 +0100
On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 21:10 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010, Vincent Untz wrote:
We chatted a bit about this on irc a few days ago. The main issue will
likely be that the legal review might take some time, which means it'll
really be too late for 11.3 :/ But I'd love to have webm support in
11.3, indeed.

How about shipping if after the release, in case?

Only issue with that is *everyone* will be doing that, and as such we
will have no edge over our counterparts. I would love to see it shipped
with 11.3, but what with the MPEG-LA grumbling and even the OSI make
some less than positive noises, I can't see that happening.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa