Re: [opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:55:49 +0200
On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 11:20:58AM +0200, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
On Tuesday 04 May 2010 10:53:23 am Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Michal Vyskocil wrote:
[...]
Having a package on a products means greater responsibility of course.

Yes and this is exactly why I asked if maintenance rules were not changed
(and
I did not catch that change somehow). The main reason why I have some
packages
in Contrib and not in Factory is because I don't want to take this level of
responsibility for maintenance. I'm willing to provide the "best effort", but
that's all from my side.

So if there are a plans to merge Contrib into Factory, maintainers should be
very aware about that responsibility. And it's very curious to me, that noone
thought about future maintenance, when they propose a merge.

The level of responsibility and strictness in Contrib is more or less
the same as in Factory.

As for the version updates in Contrib, the situation is that the
version updates are not allowed (after the repository is frozen),
unless explicitly allowed by the oS:11.X:C maintainers. As far as I
understand, it is the same as in Factory (e.g. KDE 4.3.1->4.3.4
update).

Petr

--
Petr Uzel, openSUSE Boosters Team