Re: [opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:13:41 +0200
On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 06:47:12PM +0200, Mariusz Fik wrote:
Dnia poniedziałek, 3 maja 2010 o 15:30:29 Petr Uzel napisał(a):
[...]
b) once Factory is open for new packages, find devel projects for all
packages in Contrib, move them there and send requests for inclusion
Factory

In general, I agree. But IMO this step should be done in cooperation
with individual maintainers, because:
1. We don't want to enforce maintainers to have their packages in
Factory against their will.

If _maintainer_ pushed some package to o:F:C, why he wouldn't like push it to
factory?

I don't know of any reason why somebody wouldn't want to move his/her
package(s) from oS:F:C to Factory.

I would simply prefer if the maintainers _themselves_ found proper
devel project for their packages and sent the SRs for inclusion to
Factory.

Petr

--
Petr Uzel, openSUSE Boosters Team