Re: [opensuse-factory] documenting new behaviors
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:44:53 +0000
2009/12/3 Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>:
Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The links on the Documentation download page at Novell.com referred by
openSUSE.org also seem to be patly referring to wrong out of date
links.

I'm sorry about this.  Often it is just too late to populate the Changes
from Version to Version Section before the authoring deadline.  Thus
everything I'm aware of ends in the release notes (see
http://en.opensuse.org/Release_Notes).

After GA, I move interesting entries from the release notes to the
Section of the Manual that Thomas mentioned.

Yes, but it's the website that offers the documentation for download
that has issues. I initially reported it to project mail list, but it
tends to be suse.de ppl who are interested, but the problem is on
novell.com which is referred by opensuse.org.

If you have docs published for 11.2, it makes sense that the web pages
offering their download are accurate, surely they don't have
"authoring" deadlines and can be checked & fixed by webmaster?