Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:00:00 +0100
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 02:17:28PM +0000, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:
If there's GNOME/KDE/XFCE interoperability issues, isn't that
something to refer to freedesktop.org?

Why stop there. There are others, like Windowmaker and IceWM.

Unfortunatly what I see is that many things are done either the KDE way,
the GNOME way or no way at all. But I am not even going to push this, or
try to go to the right place.

I understand that it is much easier to say "That is not my problem, please
go to XYZ and ask there." In the end what happens is that only those who
are the most stubborn will succeed.

Unfortunatly the most stubborn people will seldom have the general
overview and interest in mind even if they genuely believe they do.

Oh well, the issues of working with people, I guess.

houghi
--
Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we