Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:18:03 +0100

On 11/20/2009 04:55 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 20 novembre 2009, à 13:01 +0100, Andrea Florio a écrit :
and also rember that lots of sys admin use SSH as secure remore
connection... and ncurses gui is much easier to use.

And here we come back to the question of what is our primary target
audience. You are interested in the sysadmin case, but some contributors
are more interested in desktop users who are not sysadmins.

There are machines with no GUI, or with a broken GUI. How would you use YaST
there? maybe you are a
home user, with no other machine on which to use webyast. Maybe the network is
also broken.

No, please, don't even think of removing the ncurses interface.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2-ex-factory "Emerald" GM)