Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:14:41 +0000
2009/11/20 Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>:
On Thursday 19 November 2009 13:48:56 Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

The additional effort would have been those fancy blue headers and the
 button icons.

Seconded, QGtkStyle could allow us to focus our resources on really improving
one YaST GUI so that it improves and fits into both desktops rather than
having two that get minimal developer love between versions

The YaST GUI I use has improved immensely I hope you don't "improve"
it to the point of breaking it!

May be the start up of Software Manager could load the "configured
repositories" in a background thread, to give illusion of higher
speed. The initial search window could presumably be displayed, and
installation summary could display a cached list of Taboo packages
without the repo's loaded.