Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:01:02 +0100

Il 20/11/2009 12:02, ne... ha scritto:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 09:00, Sankar P wrote:
[...]
I am surprised that still there exists networks with a need for remote
admin, but none of the client machines not being able to run a GUI
browser. Understand that I (or anyone) didn't demand a removal of
yast-ncurses and filed a FATE request for it. It is just a personal
opinion on the yast front end future as I perceive it.
Well I guess you have never been away on vacation somewhere
where net access is slower than molasses speeding uphill and
had to fix something on a remote machine cause your boss told
you fix it or else. I can't say that I have had that occur to me, but
I am sure there are ppl out there who have. The fact that a gui exists
does not mean that it appropiate in all circumstances. Sometimes,
guis just get in the way of doing things efficiently.

ne...

and also rember that lots of sys admin use SSH as secure remore
connection... and ncurses gui is much easier to use.

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Packman Packaging Team