Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Rastislav Krupanský <rastislav.krupansky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:35:39 +0100
Dňa 19.11.2009 13:48, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote / napísal(a):
On Thursday 19 November 2009 12:18:02 David C. Rankin wrote:

On my gnome install I have a really weird yast sw management module. My
guess is that it is just to gnome one, but I want to confirm. So do the
normal and gnome yast software management apps really have that
different of a UI? If so, can I make the gnome one back into the one I'm
used to?

Yes. Some years ago the Desktop team pushed for this user interface in
addition to the gtk native UI plugin.

I don't think the effort was worth it. Personally, I don't find the gnome
version of the software management module easier.

perhaps isn't easier, but it uses better searchig feature "search as you
type", which i hope will be finally implemented in qt yast 11.3

--

S pozdravom / Best regards,

Rasto