Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 23:31:27 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-11-06 at 15:25 -0600, Dean Hilkewich wrote:

The kernel-desktop flavor: disabled group scheduler and groups, disabled
optimize for size, enabled full preemption, set HZ=1000

Yast installed kernel-default automatically on my machine, which is a desktop. Why? I wasn't asked (by YaST).

https://features.opensuse.org/305694

Those should answer your questions.

It doesn't... Too complicated and long. It is a discussion, not an explanation of what was finally done. Someone on the know should write some text in the wiki epxlaining the (dis)advantages of each kernel version and when to change the automatic selection.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.