Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Dean Hilkewich <deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:22:38 -0600
On 11/06/2009 04:10 PM, upscope wrote:
On Friday 06 November 2009 01:20:26 pm upscope wrote:

On Sunday I installed RC2 from DVD. Today I noticed I have kernel-desktop
instead of -default. Why?

Can I just select the default kernel from YaSt and change it? What is the
differences?

Thanks for any response.

Thanks for the quick responses. I will leave it as desktop for now but may
need to change if I get to hosting my wife's web page on my system. Depends
on
traffic she gets.

Thanks again.

If your anticipating that kind of traffic to justify the need for that
much throughput then you should be using a dedicated server anyways.

Dean