Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:45:08 +0200
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 15:31:12 Basil Chupin wrote:

And if you look at any application name in YaST2 Software Manager you
will see that each entry (from all the ones I have looked at) show the
entry, "Supportability: unknown".

Now, this is most telling because the YaST2 rpm itself, which I
understand is something written by the SuSE people for SuSE/openSUSE,
has this description (Supportability: unknown) attached to it!

Now for this particular issue, would you mind filing a bug (enhancement) so as
not to display the information about package supportability on openSUSE? Or to
display it in some better way as it is pretty much useless in its current
form.

To explain in more detail, 'Supportability: unknown' does not mean that the
package is unsupported. It only means that openSUSE repositories most likely
do not contain metadata about package supportability and I doubt they ever
will. This is because data such as 'this package has L[123] support (no
customer support, respectively)' are irrelevant to openSUSE users as (unlike
enterprise products) there is no such thing like L[123] support for openSUSE.
Thus it makes little sense to show that bit of information in the package
description.

hB.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova