Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:44:29 +0200
Hi,

Basil Chupin wrote:
* Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx> [09-29-09 11:39]:
On Tuesday 29 of September 2009, Basil Chupin wrote:

Now I keep my mouth shut

No, sadly you don't. For some unknown reason you repeatedly find the time
only complain and demean the work of others who create something.
Seriously,
the people making openSUSE worse are actually people like you. If you don't
want to be part of the solution, at least don't be part of the problem.

Well put and very accurate.

So I expect that you will be putting forward in the very near future a
dictum to be adopted by Novell - sorry, the *Community* - called *The
openSUSE Patriot Act*

We already have that. Its called the openSUSE Guiding Principles. If i
may quote part of it:

"... respect for other persons and their contributions, for other
opinions and beliefs. We listen to arguments and address problems in a
constructive and open way. We believe that a diverse community based on
mutual respect is the base for a creative and productive environment
enabling the project to be truly successful. We don't tolerate social
discrimination and aim at creating an environment where people feel
accepted and safe from offense."

You frequently fail to do this. You are always very provocative and
mostly just offensive. I don't know a single email from you that has any
positive content about the openSUSE distribution, the project or the
people doing the work. You value nothing we do. You only despise us for
our errors.

Most people ignore you because they feel demeaned by your statements.
And this will only get worse. You should seriously think about other
ways to contribute or about leaving this project.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson