Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:11:50 +0200
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 19:23:01 Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Looks a bit like more a topic for -project?
Anyway I "need" to comment on that.

Yes, Novell opened up a good part of it. There is nothing wrong with it,
it's actually perfectly fine. But what doesn't seem to work (looking
from the outside) is the rate in which Novell decreases it's own
commitment to openSUSE related to the rate we can attract community
people to step in.
Currently it seems that some areas in openSUSE are quite understaffed
and the community is not (yet?) able to fill that gap.

Well, I guess openSUSE just needs to stop offering lvm if it can't support it.

Greetings, Stephan