Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:38:10 +0200
On Tuesday 29 of September 2009, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 09/29/2009 11:42 PM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 9/29/2009 at 15:31, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The question therefore has to be asked: what *DO* Novell/openSUSE staff
contribute to the openSUSE distribution - apart from "You will have to
fix the bug"?

I don't believe anybody on this list could be this clueless, so I have to
consider this to be a flamebait.

Why do we keep considering Novell anything else than just a community
member with big commitment?

Because Novell went out its way to acquire SuSE for its own benefit and
not for the sake of a "community" effort.

And then opened up a good part of it and keeps working on that.

I am not a programmer. I have no programming skills. All I can do is to
report about hassles.

This is only true if by the last sentence you meant to say that you are not
willing to do anything. The possibility to do other things is certainly there
(bug triage, packaging, documentation,...). Say you want to help and I'm sure
somebody will find something for you.

But you just hide behind false claims about how you cannot do anything
(http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-09/msg00223.html for an example to
others).

Now I keep my mouth shut

No, sadly you don't. For some unknown reason you repeatedly find the time to
only complain and demean the work of others who create something. Seriously,
the people making openSUSE worse are actually people like you. If you don't
want to be part of the solution, at least don't be part of the problem.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer