Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:07:19 -0400
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-29-09 05:39]:

Milestone8 is not ready, there are some nasty issues. Most prominently
the new kernel throwing OOPSes without acpi=off and KDE updates still
don't work, so I won't release M8 in this state. How much delay this
means I can't tell atm, but thursday is still possible.

I am running MS8 but the only boot problem I have experienced is repeated
ntoices of fsck problems on my lvm partition causing the system to drop
to maintenance mode and not continue booting.

fsck.ext3 -a /dev/mapper/lvm-name

shows no errors, but subsequent reboots still fail, falling again to the
maintenance mode, init 1. Only able to boot by commenting out that
device line in /etc/fstab and after booting, uncommenting the line and
manually mounting the lvm drive.

Is this bug reporatable and against what package?