Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Dale Ritchey <mergan14846@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:20:14 -0400
On 09/29/2009 05:38 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

Milestone8 is not ready, there are some nasty issues. Most prominently the new
kernel throwing OOPSes without acpi=off and KDE updates still don't work, so
won't release M8 in this state. How much delay this means I can't tell atm,
but thursday is still possible.

Greetings, Stephan

Running m8
acpi off no good have to power off
acpi on no good have to power off
acpi on for second try booting works this time

evvery time I boot with acpi=off I have to power off with power button
then boot twice first time with a forced shutdown i.e by
using the power button then booting again then my box boots into
graphical just fine