Re: [opensuse-factory] No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:35:00 +0200
Fredag den 4. september 2009 13:33:15 skrev Per Osbäck:
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:14:27 +0200, Martin Schlander
It's a very old discussion, which has been had many times before.

In my mind it makes perfect sense

yes I know it has been discussed before, though I don't think it's very
clear how it works for the enduser.
if a user is capable enough to add a repository he might also expect to be
offered updates for it.
on the other hand he might then also be capable of starting a terminal and
doing zypper up.

in my scenario where I "helped" someone to add a repo for openSUSE, I have
to explain that "don't forget to manually check for updates every
week/month".

True. But I think this is a far smaller problem, than what they'll get
updating everything from 5-10 OBS repos+Packman mindlessly every single day -
maybe even thinking it's official, tested openSUSE updates :-)