Re: [opensuse-factory] No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Per Osbäck <per@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:58:36 +0200
On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:23:44 +1000, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Martin Schlander wrote:
Fredag den 4. september 2009 10:40:01 skrev Per Osbäck:

I actually have the same question for PackageKit (also the backend for
Online Update applet?) applet.

it never offers any updates, is it only supposed to show "official"
updates
from updates repo? and not from other repos?

Yes it's only supposed to show patches by default - not "normal"
package
updates.

I think the option to show all updates, may only be supported by the
zypp
backend.

Personally I think it's good that the updater applet distinguishes
between
patches and random package updates that are likely to break things.
People
should use zypper dup for factory upgrades anyway.

hmm...ok..so I won't be notified about updates from build service repos
then!?

If I want to follow the latest KDE after 11.2 is released for example I
have to manually check for updates using zypper up?

Personally I think it should offer all available updates. It doesn't make
sense that I have make use of several tools to update my system, especially
when there is the build service that builds against 11.2.
If I add a repo, I want to be notifed about updates from the repo.

Ah, is that what I am not doing right, "zypper dup". OK, I'll try it
first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."