Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 01:09:42 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2007-03-05 at 11:35 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> On Monday 05 March 2007 10:52, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> >
> > There are some companies around producing bugless code. They spend
> > like two years designing, and only about 6 month coding. It is indeed
> > possible. Of course, they charge a lot for that class of code.
>
> I don't believe them. Unless the code is extremely simple. No matter how
> much you test, you cannot validly claim there are no bugs. Only that
> the bugs you tested for are not manifest under those tests.

You don't believe an IEEE report? It was published on one of their
magazines, the Spectrum, I think, not over two years ago. I might still
have it around somewhere.

They don't rely on testing to get it done: it is correct by design. They
don't write a single line of code till it is fully designed, and I mean
fully. And not simple software, nor cheap, either.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.