Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:30:17 +0100

Carlos E. R. schreef:

> The Sunday 2007-03-04 at 18:13 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 04 March 2007 16:59, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>>
>>> Frankly, I would prefer bugs being solved rather than adding new
>>> features. As it is now, things are expected to be solved on the next
>>> suse release... which adds new bugs, so we never are "finished", not
>>> even nearly so.
>> The only software that's finished is software that's dead. No one's job
>> is more interminable than that of the author of successful software.
>
> I know - didn't you notice the '"'?

Not that it matters, but yes i agree to the opinion: Never postpone
untill tomorrow, what you can get done by someone else today...

Who's stopping who from solving bugs?

But, who or what decides which bugs are the most important?
Bugs that are realy annoying, because they are so frequent that you have
to workaround them every day, should have been solved first, is my opinion.

Also, which bugs have returned from 'being solved', and which ones are
realy solved?

So there has to be asked for info from the reporter, (i 've seen this
suggestion in this thread allready..) but this has to be done, to know
if the work is still nessesary...

And how to 'organise' bugzilla, to 'group' similar bugs, or to which
part of the system they belong? (if that would be wise or nessesary..)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.

OS: Linux 2.6.18.2-34-default x86_64