Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 01:49:06 +0100 (CET)

The Saturday 2007-03-03 at 13:05 -0600, Rajko M. wrote:

> Well, both is an extension, just one is fine for fast responses, and the other
> allows more asynchronous work that will group more people that might be not
> familiar with bugzilla and/or IRC, can't attend at the times that are
> scheduled, but still can help. Sorting out to one medium will do just
> opposite from what is wanted.
>
> I can use IRC in the most basic form.
> That and time constrains will prevent me from attending antibug fest.
>
> What is the best can be decided on the run. I don't see the need to insist on
> one communication channel that fits for some purposes, and not for the other.

I agree with you and jdd: I just have never used IRC and I don't like it.
I'm biased because till recently I did not have a permanent network
connection, so irc was out of the question. Also, what I write I do slowly
and thoughtfully, I can't correspond usefully on chat: I go back, read
what I have just wrote and correct it.

I suppose many non English speakers would think similarly.

Also, I understand others will prefer chat: so let's have more than one
method.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.