Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:02:32 +0100
Il giorno sab, 03/03/2007 alle 12.43 +0000, Francis Giannaros ha
scritto:

> And, really, regardless of what you suggest, bug triaging days/weekends have
> _proven_ to be productive. Hundreds of bugs get closed, dealt with,
> addressed, and you get an in-general better cleanup. This makes it easier for
> devs and packagers to concentrate directly on what needs to be dealt with,
> too, what's outstanding, etc.

I'm a bit critical about the _one_day_ bug testing because I think it's
too short to examine the bugs of something complex like a distribution.
Of course the success of these operations depends on how they're planned
and managed.

I personally prefer shorter meetings in multiple days than 24 hours
meeting where everyone has to wait for the moment which interests him.
But of course this is an opinion.

The weekend, or multiple days if the weekend is taboo ;-), seems better
to me because it would allow to more users to take part to the action
and also it could allow to create themed sections like
system/GNOME/KDE/Main apps and so.

Regards,
A.