Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] kde 2.2
  • From: Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:28:04 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Phil,

When we were talking about mail clients for small machines earlier, I
mentioned that kmail was not very good if you have large emails or large
volumes of smaller emails. I got a response from one of the KDE developers
that said kmail with KDE2.2 has been vastly improved for the lots of small
messages senerio. Any chance you could check that out for me and let me know
what you think.

I'm hoping to have a go at putting KDE2.2 on my box next week; I'll let you
know how I get on.

On a side note, I've noticed that you seam to want to stay away from a LTSP
style setup. Is this through personal experience, or just personal
preference? Have you evaluated/tested this sort of setup?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to ask here if I can pilot a
LTSP/WINE/Win32 APP scheme and I was wondering if anyone had had a go at this.

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn