Re: [opensuse-doc] 13.1 translations

Guillaume Gardet píše v St 02. 10. 2013 v 10:13 +0200:
Hi,

Le 02/10/2013 09:57, Tomáš Bažant a écrit :
Hi Marguerite!

Thank you very much for the description of your translation workflow.
And YES, we plan to have translations on ActiveDoc.
ActiveDoc (Drupal) has it the following way:

* you edit a chapter/section/book page primarily in English with a
WYSIWYG/HTML web editor
* each page can have its translated version, which is also edited the
same way
* as a result, changing the web language changes the content as well
(if the specified translation is available)

How are handled updates? I mean I translated a page into French and English
page is updated. Should I check changes manually?

There is a 'diff' available to each drupal node, so that you can compare
any 2 revisions from present to past. You cannot, though, compare 2
different nodes (= 'pages')

* primary content format for ActiveDoc is (X)HTML

From which follows, that:
* when translating the whole content, it can be done manually directly
in ActiveDOc
* but if you need an external translation service (such as transifex),
we have to exchange the content in some format supported by both
services (drupal and transifex). What is the reason you convert XML to
*.pot files? Is XHTML not sufficient?

Maintaining translations using POT/PO files is easy. You can reuse
translations, see what was updated, etc.

I see...

Guillaume

Regards

Tomas