  • From: Andres Silva <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:03:21 -0800
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Andres Silva <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 16 January 2013 21:41:30 Andres Silva wrote:
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Andres Silva <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
k henne. I get your idea. Will work on it! :)

Andy (anditosan)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2013, at 3:58 AM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Andy,

On 16.01.2013 02:11, Andres Silva wrote:
Here is the latest version of the Chameleon as suggested by henne and
differentreality. I tried to mimic a simple smile on the geeko.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/ChameleonSmile_zps6
edb7717.png>>
Hm I don't think that's it, it's still looking very grave. I think you
need to turn the corner of the mouth more upwards.

Forgive my crude hack, but like this:

http://susepaste.org/images/25120798.png

Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

Ok, here is another version with a more pronounced smile for this possible
logo.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/ChameleonSmile_zps2d5cc
6ec.png

Is this then the logo you are going with? What other marketing
elements are expected to be created? Such as banners, business cards,
brochures, etc?

Most urgently, we need a poster design probably most - with date, location
etc on it. Incl the 'Power to the Geeko' slogan. Would really have to be
ready end of next week - so we can print a bunch and bring them to FOSDEM!

Maybe a small and a large version - something which works on a postcard-
format and something that works A3 (that's approx double letter in crazy-
world-format, I believe). If those are in SVG we can adopt them to other
sizes where needed (as esp US and the rest of the world have different paper
formats).

A banner for the website (probably similar banners like we had last year)
would be helpful too - but if we have one base banner design in SVG it is
again not too hard to adopt.

Cheers,
Jos

Thank you

Andy (anditosan)

Thank you, I will try to come up with some proposals. By the way, I
put all the svg sources and fonts on the artwork GIT. It should be
under /osC 2013

Thank you
Andy (anditosan)

I got an idea this morning. For the last openSUSE Summit there was a
small reception in which we were awarded a diploma for participation.
It was really cool to get a small little reminder of our
participation. Since the development of the logo I thought makes up
also for a good small price. Maybe a "medal" (plastic) with the leaves
that usually go on coins. They link to the logo. Or maybe get actual
leaves' crowns (that one is a little crazier but seems fun) for those
who get recognized.

What do you think?