2013/1/9 Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) <iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx>

Στις 09/01/2013 05:58 μμ, ο/η Andres Silva έγραψε:

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/09/2013 09:46 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

On 09.01.2013 12:47, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

Motto: Power to the Geeko. A variant of "Power to the People" [1].
Emphasize how we've got the power to change the word.
Theme: Philosophy, Greek history and thinking, Changing the world.

I must say that I don't find that many strong visual representations of
"Philosophy" and in combination with Greece you will even get less.

Please remember the theme is mainly something we need as starting point
for creatives, it doesn't have to make much sense, it just should have
some connection to oSC13 and the motto.

I also find it a bit dull to go for the most obvious thing. I must say,
I'm not convinced.

I have to agree with Henne. If I had to think about artwork, and I do not
claim to be an artist, and the motto to create artwork around is
"Philosophy" then there are few things that come to mind that I can
associate with the term. However, a word like "Play" creates a much richer
word and concept association to have fun with when creating artwork.

Later,

Robert

Greece has a lot of iconic elements to its culture. It would not be
hard to come up with something visual that can help further a
particular theme or motto. Philosophy is a good one, what about
"history," "knowledge"?

Andy (anditosan)

Although it's not near the city, can also involve where all started,
Antikythera mechanism [1].
Artowork have better view on things about artwork that us.

Stathis

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

--
http://about.me/iosifidis
http://eiosifidis.blogspot.gr

Hey all,

Maybe something like: "The reason of being Geeko"

All the things that Greek culture remind us like philosophy, history,
added with powering the Geeko force could be enforced by the artwork
creation.

A Geeko thinking and on his thoughts: a) the "Antikythera mechanism"
as Stathis meantioned, b) our factory logo, c) the beach or any other
important City symbol showed in the organization video well done by
the Greek Team, d)...

We are thinkers, we are green and for me the next conference will show
that we can do better and use 2011 as an example that we all together
in a very good place can make us "create, think, develop" even better.
I don't know... This conference will be ours and will be focused on us
- I hope! Might be the place again for us to show our strenght and the
maturity as community.

Might reflect the Greek and Geeko culture after all.

:)

Izabel