  • From: "Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)" <iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:11:50 +0200
Στις 09/01/2013 05:58 μμ, ο/η Andres Silva έγραψε:
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/09/2013 09:46 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 09.01.2013 12:47, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

Motto: Power to the Geeko. A variant of "Power to the People" [1].
Emphasize how we've got the power to change the word.
Theme: Philosophy, Greek history and thinking, Changing the world.

I must say that I don't find that many strong visual representations of
"Philosophy" and in combination with Greece you will even get less.

Please remember the theme is mainly something we need as starting point
for creatives, it doesn't have to make much sense, it just should have
some connection to oSC13 and the motto.

I also find it a bit dull to go for the most obvious thing. I must say,
I'm not convinced.

I have to agree with Henne. If I had to think about artwork, and I do not
claim to be an artist, and the motto to create artwork around is
"Philosophy" then there are few things that come to mind that I can
associate with the term. However, a word like "Play" creates a much richer
word and concept association to have fun with when creating artwork.

Later,

Robert

Greece has a lot of iconic elements to its culture. It would not be
hard to come up with something visual that can help further a
particular theme or motto. Philosophy is a good one, what about
"history," "knowledge"?

Andy (anditosan)
Although it's not near the city, can also involve where all started, Antikythera mechanism [1].
Artowork have better view on things about artwork that us.

Stathis

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

--
http://about.me/iosifidis