  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:23:37 -0600
On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 14:45 -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
I think the decision is up to the promotion and organization teams.
Those that feel strongly about things like this can and could have
signed up to help. I think taking the step to solicit feedback on the
list is great, but I see no reason to put this up for a vote.

It might be useful to post what we have so far to the -project list
and
get more feedback there. Then next week during the oSC team meeting a
decision can be reached and that's what we will run with.

My $0.02
Robert

I agree. It is not an absolute necessity to put it to a general
community vote. People who see oSC will know it is the people who
organized it that decided and planned around it. The deciding
theme/motto is a symptom of the vision that the team creates.

I think essentially what happened here is that a page was taken out of
the Summit's name-voting process. But even then, the list of names to
vote on was based on a clearly defined goal of the event. And as I did
not want to be seen as the dictator/decider of the name, we put it up to
a vote. But only those names that reflected the goal were in the list.

Here, you have a larger team, therefore no need to put it to an outside
vote. Just be clear to define the goal before you come up with
theme/motto. Ask yourself first and foremost: WHY are we having this
oSC? WHY is it important this year? WHAT do we intend to achieve this
year? Once you answer those three... the theme/motto will literally
fall into your laps. :-)

Bryen