[opensuse-conference] oSC13 Theme
Hey,

before we, in the promo team, can get anything done we need a theme and
motto for the conference. It's the starting point for everything: Logo,
website, posters etc.

The motto should reflect what we emphasize at oSC13 and the theme should
reflect how oSC13 will feel. To explain what I mean look at the last
couple of events we held:

* oSC12
Motto: Bootstrapping Awesome. We emphasized bootstrapping a new Linux
event in the Czech republic.
Theme: Urban, Big City, Prague monuments

* Summit 2012
Motto: Engage! Collaborate! Invigorate! Emphasizing the hope to build a
new American openSUSE community.
Theme: Summer, Tropical, Beach

* oSC11
Motto: RWX³. Everyone is able to do everything. We emphasize doing
things together instead of just talking.
Theme: Retro, Old Factory

This wasn't always a very conscious decision so this year I would like
to make it one. What are we going to emphasize this year and how will
oSC13 feel?

My personal suggestion would be:

Motto: Power to the Geeko. A variant of "Power to the People" [1].
Emphasize the empowerment that you so easily get in openSUSE.
Theme: Politics, Greek Democracy, Greece

What do you think?

Henne

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_to_the_people_(slogan)

--