Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new steam license
On Thursday 31 Jan 2013 14:41:28 Andrew Wafaa wrote:
I agree with everything you're saying, but there is a process to go
through - ESPECIALLY when legal is concerned.
The fact that they have modified their license to allow for
redistribution is great, but as it is not open source and the OBS is
hosted by SUSE we need to comply with their legal obligations. Yes, it
may suck but that's how things are.

I agree
Andrew, did you forward this request to legal so they can start evaluating it?

The important thing here is to know _that_ the process of integrating steam
again has started, not _when_ it will complete (of course, the sooner, the
better) - a few days more now don't matter much if we make it right this time.

Nico