Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Translated descriptions of packages on software.opensuse.org
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:43:55 +0800
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10.05.2012 10:28, Marguerite Su wrote:

Hi Marguerite,

so any difference between Factory and M17N in "description -l" policy?

or if packages.ru.gz is made in another way?

packages.* are made from package-translations, they look like this in SVN:
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/packages/zh_CN/po/

oh thanks. I'll do it.

PS: YaST can't display CJK characters well, they're displayed as
random strings. it's been long. that's why we package our packages
simple and easy by using only English. (summary, description,
changelogs) so can I open a bug report for this? (because as to my
packaging knowledge, these descr are for YaST display only)

Changelogs we do not translate and even for summary and description we
have very few languages translated. But if yast is not displaying them
correctly, file a bug report - sure.

yes, I know this. but interestingly they're in UTF-8 format(if not,
OBS will warn), but can't display CJK. a small bug indicates a huge
one sometimes. I'll open it for YaST team.

Greetings, Stephan

Grettings, marguerite