Re: [opensuse-buildservice] pear error Parsing of package.xml from file "package.xml" failed only on SLE targets
I'm forwarding Ralf Lang's answer to the list:

**

There are two possible culprits:

a) You are missing a channel file. Is the Sabredav package from pear.horde.org
or from a 3rd party channel?

b) (more likely) the channel.xml demands a newer PEAR release than installed on
SLE targets. Often there is no other reason than the packager used a template.

try patching the string <package packagerversion="1.9.4" to 1.9.1 or another
safe value.

Sometimes there is also a dependency on high <pearinstaller><min>1.9.4</min>

versions.

You're stuck if the package actually uses one of these features.
To get around this, in SLES 11 SP2 you can depend on php53-pear rather than
php5-pear and get a newer pear version which should be more suitable.