Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Public availability of ci.opensuse.org
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:43:41 -0600
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 05:20, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 10:58 -0800, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
On Wednesday 19 October 2011 10:38:30 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 17:12 -0800, Sascha Peilicke wrote:

We use Hudson for CI locally. Interesting to see that you use Jenkins.
Perhaps this is not for discussion here, but what is the difference
between the two?
http://www.google.com/search?q=hudson+versus+jenkins

Thanks for that. But few of them really say anything useful. Mainly that
Hudson is losing share. OK. But do any of these describe any technical
reason for this? All I see is the results of a popularity contest. Of
course, if all the Hudson developers move to Jenkins, that is compelling
reason to follow. It remains unclear to me just why they are jumping
ship.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

The reason essentially for both hudson and jenkins is because oracle
is really lame. The pissed off the entire core team and a large (most
if not just about all) of the community. There is a whole lot of blog
posts out there about this. At the end of the day oracle pushed
everyone out the door and cased a fork in the project. I can't
imagine other than just taking jenkins code into hudson that hudson
will necessarily compete/survive with jenkins.

Cheers,
Stephen