Re: [opensuse-buildservice] backgroundrb
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:46:30 +0100
On Friday 13 November 2009 18:01:37 Luke Imhoff wrote:
I've been using backgroundrb to automate generating the dep graph for
builds and exporting from subversion on a nightly basis for our local
instance. It works great for managing long running tasks inside the
rails environment.

While my first experiences were great too, it now shows some problems.
Namely: if a job has a problem once, it's never ran again ;(

But we make sure before 1.7 release the issue is sorted out - google
showed me that there are alternatives for it that I may try out before
we have too much code specific to backgroundrb. So far the actual
worker is 3 lines.

Greetings, Stephan