Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yet Another Build Service Client
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:53:15 +0100
* Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-03-05 19:57]:
On 2008-03-05 19:31:37 +0100, Bernhard Walle wrote:
* Dr. Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> [2008-03-05 16:16]:
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:22:06AM -0400, James Oakley wrote:
I have no code yet - because I do not know python yet. That's why
I really appreciate that there actually is even more code now to
learn :)

Don't learn from this code, unless you're looking for poorly
documented PyQt code. :-) Qt itself isn't very pythonic, so there
is a lot of Python that you won't typically see in PyQt apps.

I once wrote a graphical application, and I found wxPython most
pythonic to work with... but I'm not generally to trust when it comes
to graphical applications ;)

Well, wxPython is clearly an advantage if you have Windows in mind,
but for Unix only applications I think that wxGtk gives the better
user experience. wxWidgets applications are slow (on startup) and
don't feel 100 % "native". I don't like that toolkit as user -- no
matter if it's Python or C++.

1. Qt works nicely on windows/osx too.

Well, the initial claim was that PyQt is not Pytonish. And looking a
bit into the manual of PyQt I agree 100 %.

James claimed that his code was not documented at that point of time.

And btw, PyQt is very well evolved, very good documentated and quite often
used for lots of apps, even bigger.

You do not take every discussion complete off-topic just to share your
personal opinions who everbody should code in your opinion ;)