Re: [opensuse-boosters] FOSDEM 2010
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:29:18 +0100
Le vendredi 04 décembre 2009, à 14:04 +0100, Henne Vogelsang a écrit :
1. Build Systems
I would like to see a build system track. Where different distributions
can introduce theirs and the concepts behind it. Including, but not
limited to, how contributions, maintenance, branching, image building
etc are handled. I think this is a great topic for distros to stimulate
each other. I think all of us could do something here for the OBS. From
conceptual talks down to hands one hacking stuff.

I could do a talk about the collaboration features of the OBS and/or one
about our distribution setup in it.

I think explaining our model with devel projects to other distro can be
of interest -- I'm not aware of anybody else having such a concept (ie,
they all directly push packages to "factory")

2. Upstream
I would also like to have an Upstream track where the whole
distro<>upstream relation is discussed. Including release cycles,
contributions, alteration etc. Possible contributions from us would be
vuntz/will/lubos talking about how we handle the desktops or we could
get one of the kernel guys to talk about that.

FWIW, I already proposed some "GNOME upstream vs downstream" session for
this devroom, but I want it to be really useful, so I'd prefer it to be
a big discussion in the devroom more than a one-way talk.

If I have time, I'll probably also share a session with some mandriva
people about sharing package summaries/descriptions (and therefore,
translations). And I'd love to do something about an upstream tracker,
but this implies having some code done before...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.