RE: [suse-autoinstall] *** 8.1 - how to SAVE custom packages selection to floppy DURING the installation??..
  • From: "George Roubchinsky" <g.roubchinski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:50:57 +0000 (UTC)
Yes. I did. Thank You.
HTML doc is not convinient to use, but Autoyast2.pdf is the great
document.

Now I understand the whole method I hope.

Could You please shortly check the following, just in general?

First is to install kind of "reference" system and do package selection
by hands without saving to a floppy immediately on first install (like
8.0 was able by package
selection screen interface).
Next - use the installed system's YaST Control Center - Misc -
Autoinstall.
Next - go through the interface carefully, in result something, in form
of file, will be generated.
Next - if I need only clone the software selection but nothing more -
edit this file by some way to remove all extra
info.. And/or edit the file for some other reasons (I want another or
manual partitioning for instance on next install).
Next - just put this file on the empty floppy as autoinst.xml (yes?).
Next - on second (cloned) system just start installation booting from
CD1 or DVD but
typing 'autoyast=floppy' <enter> on the initial boot screen, insert that
floppy before.
That's it - installation will read that file and start with that cloned
info in place..

So - is it in general correct?

George