[opensuse-arm] Re: Leap 42.2 plans?
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:18:03 +0300
22.03.2016 15:59, Michal Hrusecky пишет:
Matwey V. Kornilov - 23:25 21.03.16 wrote:
19.03.2016 12:32, Michal Hrusecky пишет:
Ludwig Nussel - 14:16 9.03.16 wrote:
Hi,

Are there any plans to build the next Leap (42.2) also on ARM
architectures?

It would be nice to try this time to get even armv7 version as most of the
boards out there are armv7. I'm willing to dedicate it some time, but it would
be definitely for ports.

Last thing I heart that build service is lacking armv7 build power and
this is a reason that there is no Leap 42.1 for armv7.

That was only part of the problem. Some of the resources were restored and it
lacked dedicated person - someone who would receive all the bugs/blame. Apart
from that, Leap is LTS so it shouldn't be moving that much as Tumbleweed, so it
shouldn't consume that much of the resources. Other argument was that Leap
doesn't support 32-bits and some packages might be broken, but currently quite
some of the packages are not broken. If I aim to get just a big portion of Leap
compiled while accepting that some packages might be missing in the end, I
think it should be pretty doable. And I can probably fix few packages to get
closer to the full Leap. I would start ring by ring and we will see.

Great, I could test and patch Leap kernel for BeagleBone Black, but unfortunately it seems to be the single task where I can help with Leap.