Am Dienstag, 10. September 2013, 00:18:08 schrieb šumski:
On Monday 09 of September 2013 16:32:52 Johannes Obermayr wrote:
Do you guys actually read what I am writing and referring to or do you only see a big SR and patch?
Again the key fixes and improvements:
First, that kind of mention in changelog would be a big step towards accepting it IMO, since reviewing a 4MB patch with almost only argumenting "builds faster!" is not easy, and one is much closer to decline such SR.
Maybe the attached main diff is easier to review.
All other is just moving nv30, nv50 and nvc0 to nouveau subdir (~ 4.5 MB) and adding PUBLIC as well as the required .h file to define Mesa's "visibility" macro.
All required symbols (and additional LIBADDs) were tested in hundreds of "make" and common configure switches ...
As said before changing "-no-undefined" to "-Wl,--no-undefined" shows which symbols are missed. That are a lot in upstream Mesa and I am surprised that it works ATM ...
IMHO it is not a functionality change but a restructuring of code and split into more libraries to speed up build and save space.
I am using it heavily on nouveau, r200 and r600. So I doubt there will be any regressions in functionality (except a negligible more time to dlopen). If but this won't be neccessary, reverting in RC1 would be possible.
- bnc#833714 (OSMesa symbols)
- bnc#807205,rh#917687 (issue with already applied patch)
- Readd lost things to the follow-up patch, possibly lost due to merge
conflicts - Drop obsolete patches which could mess up things
ok, but i guess it would be good to test "does it mess up things" (also one of reasons why this is a bit hard to get in so late in the game.
"get in so late in the game" is not acceptable. Patches must be reviewed on every major package update (last was on Tue Aug 27 23:56:19 UTC 2013). This required review happens now and here.
I am voting to ...
- enable only: Patch16: u_gallium-egl-gbm-use-wayland-cflags.patch Patch18: u_wayland-egl-pc-require-wayland.patch
- remove obsolete patches: Patch11: u_Fix-crash-in-swrast-when-setting-a-texture-for-a-pix.patch Patch14: u_mesa-glapi_dispatch.patch Patch17: u_mesa-9.0-i965-Make-sure-we-do-render-between-two-hiz-flushes.patch
- let reworked in OBS but disable for now (patch author doesn't trust them ATM): Patch13: u_mesa-8.0.1-fix-16bpp.patch Patch15: u_mesa-8.0-llvmpipe-shmget.patch
- fdo#64810 (EGL runtime issue), could be also bnc#839074
Can't reproduce, and isn't bnc#839074
But I tried on my r600, can reproduce fdo#64810 and could fix it ... Yes, bnc#839074 is another issue
- ~ 1/2 build time
- ~ 1/5 - 1/6 binaries and -debuginfo
Always good ;-)
Is the only reason you don't want them fixed in 13.1 because they require 22 patches and upstream core devs don't want to talk to me anymore. Maybe they change their mind if one of the big distribution ships them ...
Maybe, but i'm not fond of openSUSE being testing ground for random, huge, not-upstream-ed/-eable patches...
They are upstreamable, welcomed and tested by Andreas Boll (was release manager for 9.0.x) but it is hard to find sb. who will push them ...