openSUSE Security Update: Security update for qemu ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:1312-1 Rating: important References: #1013285 #1014109 #1014111 #1014702 #1015048 #1015169 #1016779 #1020491 #1020589 #1020928 #1021129 #1022541 #1023004 #1023053 #1023907 #1024972 #937125 Cross-References: CVE-2016-10155 CVE-2016-9776 CVE-2016-9907 CVE-2016-9911 CVE-2016-9921 CVE-2016-9922 CVE-2017-2615 CVE-2017-2620 CVE-2017-5525 CVE-2017-5526 CVE-2017-5667 CVE-2017-5856 CVE-2017-5898 Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 42.1 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 13 vulnerabilities and has four fixes is now available.
This update for qemu fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-2620: In CIRRUS_BLTMODE_MEMSYSSRC mode the bitblit copy routine cirrus_bitblt_cputovideo failed to check the memory region, allowing for an out-of-bounds write that allows for privilege escalation (bsc#1024972) - CVE-2017-2615: An error in the bitblt copy operation could have allowed a malicious guest administrator to cause an out of bounds memory access, possibly leading to information disclosure or privilege escalation (bsc#1023004) - CVE-2017-5856: The MegaRAID SAS 8708EM2 Host Bus Adapter emulation support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue allowing a privileged user to leak host memory resulting in DoS (bsc#1023053) - CVE-2016-9776: The ColdFire Fast Ethernet Controller emulator support was vulnerable to an infinite loop issue while receiving packets in 'mcf_fec_receive'. A privileged user/process inside guest could have used this issue to crash the Qemu process on the host leading to DoS (bsc#1013285) - CVE-2016-9911: The USB EHCI Emulation support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue while processing packet data in 'ehci_init_transfer'. A guest user/process could have used this issue to leak host memory, resulting in DoS for the host (bsc#1014111) - CVE-2016-9907: The USB redirector usb-guest support was vulnerable to a memory leakage flaw when destroying the USB redirector in 'usbredir_handle_destroy'. A guest user/process could have used this issue to leak host memory, resulting in DoS for a host (bsc#1014109) - CVE-2016-9921: The Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA Emulator support was vulnerable to a divide by zero issue while copying VGA data. A privileged user inside guest could have used this flaw to crash the process instance on the host, resulting in DoS (bsc#1014702) - CVE-2016-9922: The Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA Emulator support was vulnerable to a divide by zero issue while copying VGA data. A privileged user inside guest could have used this flaw to crash the process instance on the host, resulting in DoS (bsc#1014702) - CVE-2016-10155: The virtual hardware watchdog 'wdt_i6300esb' was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue allowing a privileged user to cause a DoS and/or potentially crash the Qemu process on the host (bsc#1021129) - CVE-2017-5526: The ES1370 audio device emulation support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue allowing a privileged user inside the guest to cause a DoS and/or potentially crash the Qemu process on the host (bsc#1020589) - CVE-2017-5525: The ac97 audio device emulation support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue allowing a privileged user inside the guest to cause a DoS and/or potentially crash the Qemu process on the host (bsc#1020491) - CVE-2017-5667: The SDHCI device emulation support was vulnerable to an OOB heap access issue allowing a privileged user inside the guest to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS or potentially execute arbitrary code with privileges of the Qemu process on the host (bsc#1022541) - CVE-2017-5898: The CCID Card device emulator support was vulnerable to an integer overflow allowing a privileged user inside the guest to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bnc#1023907)
These non-security issues were fixed:
- Fix post script for qemu-guest-agent rpm to actually activate the guest agent at rpm install time - Fixed various inaccuracies in cirrus vga device emulation - Fixed cause of infrequent migration failures from bad virtio device state (bsc#1020928) - Fixed virtio interface failure (bsc#1015048) - Fixed graphical update errors introduced by previous security fix (bsc#1016779) - Fixed uint64 property parsing and add regression tests (bsc#937125)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-589=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (i586 x86_64):
qemu-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-arm-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-arm-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-block-curl-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-block-curl-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-debugsource-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-extra-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-extra-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-guest-agent-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-guest-agent-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-kvm-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-lang-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-linux-user-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-linux-user-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-linux-user-debugsource-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-ppc-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-ppc-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-s390-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-s390-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-tools-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-tools-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-x86-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-x86-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (noarch):
qemu-ipxe-1.0.0-25.1 qemu-seabios-1.8.1-25.1 qemu-sgabios-8-25.1 qemu-vgabios-1.8.1-25.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64):
qemu-block-rbd-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-block-rbd-debuginfo-2.3.1-25.1 qemu-testsuite-2.3.1-25.1
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-10155.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9776.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9907.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9911.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9921.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9922.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-2615.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-2620.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-5525.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-5526.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-5667.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-5856.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-5898.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1013285 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014109 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014111 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014702 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1015048 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1015169 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1016779 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1020491 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1020589 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1020928 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1021129 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1022541 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1023004 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1023053 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1023907 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1024972 https://bugzilla.suse.com/937125