Alberto Passalacqua wrote: ..
Do you want to lead the idea? If so, that would be great.
Not sure... rather contribute than lead.
Some ideas... which may have been in the "slides" (?).
Testing (core) areas I can think of:
1. The initial installer (a lot there)
3. Getting updates
5. Install/remove of software
6. Subsequent YaST configuring
7. openSUSE init (init scripts, etc)
8. Default configurations
This might be part of some base essential testing...
Specific things that users do/want to do: (obviously users want EVERYTHING)
* Windows integration (file shares, printing, AD) * Printers * Networking (including WiFi) * Monitor setup (including multi-monitor, HDMI, USB, etc). * CD/DVD setup * A/V setup, including integration with CD/DVD * Web browsing (including plugins like Flash) * Productivity Apps (OpenOffice, KOffice, etc)
Might be nice to develop a suite of tests to cover the basics usage areas.
Obviously, it's hard to fix every application out there, but we can make an attempt at finding the issues.
I imagine there's already something like this on the wiki or somewhere.. if not... let me know... I can start a page I suppose.
Am I WAY off base??