openSUSE Security Update: Recommended update for chromium
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2016:2309-1
References: #998328 #998743
Cross-References: CVE-2016-5170 CVE-2016-5171 CVE-2016-5172
CVE-2016-5173 CVE-2016-5174 CVE-2016-5175
SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
An update that fixes 6 vulnerabilities is now available.
Chromium was updated to 53.0.2785.113 to fix a number of security issues
The following vulnerabilities were fixed:
- CVE-2016-5170: Use after free in Blink
- CVE-2016-5171: Use after free in Blink
- CVE-2016-5172: Arbitrary Memory Read in v8
- CVE-2016-5173: Extension resource access
- CVE-2016-5174: Popup not correctly suppressed
- CVE-2016-5175: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other
The following upstream fixes are included:
- SPDY crasher fixes
- Disable NV12 DXGI video on AMD
- Forward --password-store switch to os_crypt
- Tell the kernel to discard USB requests when they time out.
- disallow WKBackForwardListItem navigations for pushState pages
- arc: bluetooth: Fix advertised uuid
- fix conflicting PendingIntent for stop button and swipe away
The widevine plugin was re-enabled (boo#998328).
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2016-1084=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org