SUSE Security Update: Security update for Chromium ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2016:2598-1 Rating: important References: #1000019 #1004465 Cross-References: CVE-2016-5181 CVE-2016-5182 CVE-2016-5183 CVE-2016-5184 CVE-2016-5185 CVE-2016-5186 CVE-2016-5187 CVE-2016-5188 CVE-2016-5189 CVE-2016-5190 CVE-2016-5191 CVE-2016-5192 CVE-2016-5193 Affected Products: SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes 13 vulnerabilities is now available.
Chromium was updated to 54.0.2840.59 to fix security issues and bugs.
The following security issues are fixed (bnc#1004465):
- CVE-2016-5181: Universal XSS in Blink - CVE-2016-5182: Heap overflow in Blink - CVE-2016-5183: Use after free in PDFium - CVE-2016-5184: Use after free in PDFium - CVE-2016-5185: Use after free in Blink - CVE-2016-5187: URL spoofing - CVE-2016-5188: UI spoofing - CVE-2016-5192: Cross-origin bypass in Blink - CVE-2016-5189: URL spoofing - CVE-2016-5186: Out of bounds read in DevTools - CVE-2016-5191: Universal XSS in Bookmarks - CVE-2016-5190: Use after free in Internals - CVE-2016-5193: Scheme bypass
The following bugs were fixed:
- bnc#1000019: display issues in full screen mode, add --ui-disable-partial-swap to the launcher
The following packaging changes are included:
- The desktop sub-packages are no obsolete - The package now uses the system variants of some bundled libraries - The hangouts extension is now built
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12:
zypper in -t patch 5717=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (x86_64):
chromedriver-54.0.2840.59-109.1 chromedriver-debuginfo-54.0.2840.59-109.1 chromium-54.0.2840.59-109.1 chromium-debuginfo-54.0.2840.59-109.1 chromium-debugsource-54.0.2840.59-109.1 chromium-ffmpegsumo-54.0.2840.59-109.1 chromium-ffmpegsumo-debuginfo-54.0.2840.59-109.1
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5181.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5182.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5183.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5184.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5185.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5186.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5187.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5188.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5189.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5190.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5191.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5192.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5193.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1000019 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1004465