openSUSE Security Update: Security update for htmldoc
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:0895-1
CVE-2021-20308 (NVD) : 9.8
CVE-2021-20308 (SUSE): 3.3
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1
An update that fixes one vulnerability is now available.
This update for htmldoc fixes the following issues:
Update to version 1.9.12
* Fixed buffer-overflow CVE-2021-20308 ( boo#1184424 )
* Fixed a crash bug with "data:" URIs and EPUB output
* Fixed several other crash bugs
* Fixed JPEG error handling
* Fixed some minor issues
* Removed the bundled libjpeg, libpng, and zlib.
update to 1.9.11:
- Added high-resolution desktop icons for Linux.
- Updated the internal HTTP library to fix truncation of redirection URLs
- Fixed a regression in the handling of character entities for UTF-8 input
- The `--numbered` option did not work when the table-of-contents was
- Updated local zlib to v1.2.11.
- Updated local libpng to v1.6.37.
- Fixed packaging issues on macOS and Windows
- Now ignore sRGB profile errors in PNG files
- The GUI would crash when saving
- Page comments are now allowed in `pre` text
update to 1.9.9:
- Added support for a `HTMLDOC.filename` META keyword that controls the
filename reported in CGI mode; the default remains "htmldoc.pdf" (Issue
- Fixed a paragraph formatting issue with large inline images (Issue #369)
- Fixed a buffer underflow issue (Issue #370)
- Fixed PDF page numbers (Issue #371)
- Added support for a new `L` header/footer format (`$LETTERHEAD`), which
inserts a letterhead image at its full size (Issue #372, Issue #373,
- Updated the build documentation (Issue #374)
- Refactored the PRE rendering code to work around compiler optimization
- Added support for links with targets (Issue #351)
- Fixed a table rowspan + valign bug (Issue #360)
- Added support for data URIs (Issue #340)
- HTMLDOC no longer includes a PDF table of contents when converting a
single web page (Issue #344)
- Updated the markdown support with external links, additional inline
markup, and hard line breaks.
- Links in markdown text no longer render with a leading space as part of
the link (Issue #346)
- Fixed a buffer underflow bug discovered by AddressSanitizer.
- Fixed a bug in UTF-8 support (Issue #348)
- PDF output now includes the base language of the input document(s)
- Optimized the loading of font widths (Issue #354)
- Optimized PDF page resources (Issue #356)
- Optimized the base memory used for font widths (Issue #357)
- Added proper `­` support (Issue #361)
- Title files can now be markdown.
- The GUI did not support EPUB output.
- Empty markdown table cells were not rendered in PDF or PostScript output.
- The automatically-generated title page now supports both "docnumber" and
- Added support for dc:subject and dc:language metadata in EPUB output
from the HTML keywords and lang values.
- Added support for the subject and language metadata in markdown input.
- Fixed a buffer underflow bug (Issue #338)
- `htmldoc --help` now reports whether HTTPS URLs are supported (Issue
- Fixed an issue with HTML title pages and EPUB output.
- Inline fixed-width text is no longer reduced in size automatically
- Optimized initialization of font width data (Issue #334)
- Fixed formatting bugs with aligned images (Issue #322, Issue #324)
- Fixed support for three digit "#RGB" color values (Issue #323)
- Fixed character set support for markdown metadata.
- Updated libpng to v1.6.34 (Issue #326)
- The makefiles did not use the CPPFLAGS value (Issue #328)
- Added Markdown table support.
- Fixed parsing of TBODY, TFOOT, and THEAD elements in HTML files.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2021-895=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):