openSUSE Security Update: Security update for openssl ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:2957-1 Rating: moderate References: #1089039 #1101246 #1101470 #1104789 #1106197 #997043 Cross-References: CVE-2018-0737 Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 42.3 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has 5 fixes is now available.
This update for openssl fixes the following issues:
These security issues were fixed:
- Prevent One&Done side-channel attack on RSA that allowed physically near attackers to use EM emanations to recover information (bsc#1104789) - CVE-2018-0737: The RSA Key generation algorithm has been shown to be vulnerable to a cache timing side channel attack. An attacker with sufficient access to mount cache timing attacks during the RSA key generation process could have recovered the private key (bsc#1089039)
These non-security issues were fixed:
- Add openssl(cli) Provide so the packages that require the openssl binary can require this instead of the new openssl meta package (bsc#1101470) - Fixed path to the engines which are under /lib64 on SLE-12 (bsc#1101246, bsc#997043)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1091=1
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 (i586 x86_64):
libopenssl-devel-1.0.2j-29.1 libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.2j-29.1 libopenssl1_0_0-debuginfo-1.0.2j-29.1 libopenssl1_0_0-hmac-1.0.2j-29.1 openssl-1.0.2j-29.1 openssl-cavs-1.0.2j-29.1 openssl-cavs-debuginfo-1.0.2j-29.1 openssl-debuginfo-1.0.2j-29.1 openssl-debugsource-1.0.2j-29.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 (noarch):
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 (x86_64):
libopenssl-devel-32bit-1.0.2j-29.1 libopenssl1_0_0-32bit-1.0.2j-29.1 libopenssl1_0_0-debuginfo-32bit-1.0.2j-29.1 libopenssl1_0_0-hmac-32bit-1.0.2j-29.1
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-0737.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1089039 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1101246 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1101470 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1104789 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1106197 https://bugzilla.suse.com/997043